This photo was taken in spring 2008. The client wanted their vinyl tile floor replaced with the laminated wood flooring. Fortunately, the floor was in relatively good condition and all that was required was the underlayer and the laminated wood floor boards.
Some quick tips from my experience:
1. Allow the laminated floor board to acclimatise in room temp for 36-48hrs.
2. Check the floor for holes, chipped cement or boards, cracks, ..etc and level out.
3. Check the floor for damp and use a damp-proof membrane or underlay as appropriate.
4. When laying the floor be mindful of the angle of the floor boards (vertical/ horizontal) as this may make the room look bigger or smaller.
5. Be sure to leave about 1/4 inch space all around the room to allow the wood to expand.